Does anyone else get excited for autumnal bakes when the weather turns? Try these gluten free apple muffins to sweeten up the rainy days!
- 210g all-purpose GF flour
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 125g granulated sugar
- 200g (or about 2 medium) peeled, cored and diced apples
- 6g cornstarch
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 240g plain greek yoghurt
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 12-cup muffin tin, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, gum, baking powder and soda, salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and 100g sugar. Whisk well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, place the apples and toss with the remaining cinnamon, sugar and the cornstarch, then toss to combine.
- Add around 2/3 of the apple mix to the first bowl and toss to coat the apple in the dry ingredients.
- Create a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, then add the butter, yoghurt, eggs and vanilla. Then mix to create a thick batter.
- Fill the muffin tin with the batter and smooth the tops with wet fingers.
- Place in the preheated over and bake until lightly golden brown all over and firm to touch (about 20 mins). Once baked, allow to cool for 5 mins before transferring to a cooling rack!