It's the end of January - perhaps the end of Dry January, Veganuary, or just a healthier month in general. Let's keep the healthy, vegan flame alight in February with this delicious roasted sesame sweet potato recipe!
- 6 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 50g plan peanuts, crushed
- 1 green or red chilli, sliced or diced
- 3-4 spring onions, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. On a baking tray, lay out the sweet potatoes and drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over them. Roast in the oven for about 25 mins until softened.
- Whisk the rest of the oil, garlic, soy sauce, ginger and lime juice and brush it on the sweet potato. Then return to the oven for another 30-40 mins, repeatedly brushing on the mixture until the potatoes are glazed and sticky.
- Remove from the oven then sprinkle on the peanuts and sesame seeds.
- When cool enough to serve, place in a salad bowl and sprinkle over the chilli and onions.