Who else loves a hot chocolate? While they are delicious treats and the perfect accompaniment for a cold wintery afternoon with a good book, there are way to make this indulgent drink just a tad more healthy.
Elevate your hot chocolate game with the simple, delicious and healthy recipe.
- 1 cup of milk (we tend to us almond of cashew milk)
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- a dash of local honey or date honey
- a pinch of salt
- Heat the milk, but don't let it curdle. While you do this place the cacao powder and turmeric in a cup/mug.
- Stir the honey into the milk and then pour the warm milk slowly over the cacao and turmeric, make sure you mix as your pour.
- Add a dash of salt and enjoy!