Coconut yoghurt is one of the tastiest dairy-free alternative to yoghurt. It's super versatile meaning it can be used to compliment sweet and savoury. The best thing about it? It's incredibly simple to make and you won't need many ingredients either!
What you'll need:
- 400g full fat coconut milk
- 2 capsules probiotic
- 1-2 drops vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or your go-to sweetener)
- Shake coconut well to reverse any separation, then pour into a glass jar or bowl
- Empty the probiotic capsules into the coconut milk, then stir using a wooden or plastic spoon (metal reacts badly with the probiotics)
- Cover the jar with cheesecloth and secure with a rubber band
- Leave the yoghurt in room temperature for 24-48 hours
- Once you're happy with the tanginess and texture of the yoghurt, it's finished! Cover the jar with a lid and put it in the fridge until you want to serve it. Refrigerating will also thicken the consistency to be more like greek yoghurt.