An easy dish, but a good one.
We are absolute avocado fiends here at KINN HQ, and one thing we love to have for breakfast is smashed avocado on toast... or in our co-founder Marie's case, on gluten and wheat free weird toasty things that don't really look like bread, but taste good. Apparently.
Did you know that Avocado oil is one of the ingredients you can find in our certified organic skincare?
Smashed Avocado On Toast Recipe:
Serves 2 (1 if you don't want to share!)
- x1 large avocado
- x1/2 red peper thinly chopped
- x1 garlic clove crushed or thinly chopped
- x1 small chilli thinly chopped
- x1 small onion or shallot thinly chopped
- grated cheese (we use gruyere)
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone and skin, place in a bowl and gently crush/smash with a fork.
- Make your toast.
- Add the pepper, garlic, chilli, onion and mix together. Depending on how smooth or chunky you want the smashed avocado will depend on how much you mix it.
- Place the smashed avocado on your toast and sprinkle grated cheese on top, place under the grill until the cheese has melted
- Voila! Enjoy.