Ever wished you could have dessert for breakfast? Introducing: Strawberry rose chia puddings. This delicious dessert for any occasion that doubles as a filling and nutritional breakfast has got our heads turning. Top this layered vegan treat with dried rosebuds for the ultimate dinner party hit, or serve in any jar you can find for a quick and stylish breakfast.
For 2 servings
- 250ml oat milk (or your favourite nut milk)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 150g frozen strawberries
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 125ml coconut milk (either full fat or light)
- 1 tbsp rose water
- dried rosebuds (for serving, optional)
- To make the chia layer, whisk together the oat milk, chia seeds and maple syrup in a medium-sized bowl then put in the refrigerator overnight or until set
- In a separate bowl, make the strawberry rose layer by blending the frozen strawberries, banana and coconut milk then placing in a separate bowl
- Mix in the rosewater and leave in the fridge overnight or until set
- Just before serving, spoon the chia pudding into your desired serving dishes (e.g. mason jar) so it's half full, then top with the strawberry rose layer
- Sprinkle on some dried rosebuds to serve and enjoy!