Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake
The weather should be starting to warm up by now and no doubt your diary is starting to be filled with summer dinner parties. This is the perfect dessert to serve when you host, or to take to a friend's when you're on dessert duty!
For the base
- 125g walnuts
- 50g shredded coconut
- 175g pitted dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- one pinch of salt
For the blueberry layer
- 300g cashews, soaked for at least 8 hours
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 52g coconut oil, melted
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 113ml maple syrup
- 1 tin coconut cream (or the solid part at the top of a 400ml coconut milk can
- In a blender (we use a Nutribullet!), blend the mixed nuts, dates, coconut oil, vanilla and salt. It should have the consistency of sticky dough.
- Press the dough into the base of a cake tin and smooth out with your fingers so that it covers the base. Place in the freezer while you make the blueberry layer.
- Drain and rinse the cashews blend in the blender with the vanilla, melted coconut oil, lemon juice and coconut cream, blueberries and maple syrup. Blend until a smooth consistency.
- Take the base out of the freezer and pour the blueberry mixture over the top. Put it back in the freezer for 1-2 hours to set. Be sure to take the cheesecake out about 20-30 minutes before serving!
- Decorate the finished cake with dark chocolate, nuts and some edible flowers for that perfect summery sweet dish!