Blondies are brownies but better, right? So for any matcha lovers out there, this could be the recipe you've been waiting for. This recipe is vegan, easy to make and doesn't take a huge array of ingredients, either. Oh, and they're also gluten-free.
- 350g pitted dates - soaked for 15 mins in boiling water
- 80ml non-dairy milk (we love almond milk in this recipe!)
- 65g almond butter
- 360g ground almonds
- 3-4 teaspoons of matcha powder (depending on taste!)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a square baking tray.
- Drain the dates and blend in a food processor with the milk and almond butter until smooth.
- Mix the ground almonds and matcha powder together in a large bowl. Then add the date mixture and mix. If the mixture looks too dry, add a splash more milk.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tray and flatten down.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the blondies have a firm but gooey centre. They will continue cooking for a short while after you take them out of the oven, so make sure you don't overbake them!
- Place on a cooling rack and leave to cool, then cut to desired size and enjoy!