Weekend waffles? Yes please! Whether you're having a weekend in or hosting a brunch date, these waffles are the perfect option. Being gluten free and vegan, why wouldn't you want to try them!?
- 300ml unsweetened almond milk (any nut milk will do!)
- 1tsp apple cider vinegar
- 50ml coconut oil, melted
- 50ml maple syrup
- 50g gluten-free rolled oats
- 250g brown rice flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees
- Combine the milk and vinegar in a small mixing bowl and let it set for around 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup, then whisk and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix until well combined.
- Switch on your waffle iron and let the batter rest until hot.
- When hot, coat the waffle iron with non-stick spray and pour on some of the batter (quantity depends on size of iron!).
- Cook according to the iron instructions then place on a baking rack and put in the oven to keep warm. Do not stack to ensure they stay crispy.
- Serve immediately with toppings (we've used melted dark chocolate, cherries and blueberries). You can freeze any leftovers for up to two months and reheat in the toaster.