A warming salad is just what the doctor ordered in this cold weather! Perfect for any lunchtime over winter!
- 250g black rice
- 100g wild rice
- 1/2 medium butternut squash, peels, seeds removed & cut into large chunks
- 60ml red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 180g pomegranate seeds
- 60g roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Cook rice in a large pot of rice for 35-40 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse.
- Spread the rice on a baking tray and leave to cool
- On a separate baking tray, drizzle or toss the squash in some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast squash in the oven for 20-25 minutes until tender and golden, then allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cook black rice and wild rice in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, 35–40 minutes; drain and rinse, shaking off as much water as possible. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet and let cool.
- Whisk the vinegar, honey and 60ml olive oil in a large bowl. Add the rice, squash, onions, pomegranate seeds, chickpeas and pistachios, then toss to combine well.
- Garnish with some extra pistachios.