We can't be the only chocoholics around here! Wouldn't it be great to snack on some choc that only contains Ingredients you know about? Even though we can steer clear of certain things when reading the ingredients on the back of packaging, food producers don't actually have to include everything unless it features in a large enough quantity. This means that sometimes we can be in the dark about what we're actually eating!
If you're a chocoholic or just love a good bar of chocolate every now and then, this is a great recipe because well, it's delicious, but also because it's made with natural sugars and you can buy nearly every ingredients in an organic form. Try it out and let us know what you think!
- 225g cocoa butter, chopped
- 100g cacao (cocoa powder will work as well)
- 4-5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp freeze dried raspberries
- Line a baking tray with grease-proof paper or silicone mat and put aside. The depends on how thick you want your chocolate bars to be!
- Melt the cocoa butter in a pan on a low heat.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cacao powder, maple syrup and the vanilla extract until the mixture becomes thick.
- Pour the mixture on the baking tray, then sprinkle the raspberries over the top
- Place in the fridge or freezer until completely hardened.
- Remove the chocolate slab from the sheet and place on a chopping board. With a large knife, carefully chop the slab into bars the size of your choice!